Total Golf Evaluation
TPI’s (Titleist Performance Institute) golf evaluation analysis all parts of the golf swing, to make sure you are performing at the best of your ability.
The evaluation consists of the following parts:
- Your History
- Current health status
- Current injury
- Past injury
- Past treatments
- All of these are very useful for the professional to make the best possible evaluation
- Basic technique evaluation (efficiency vs.style)
- Efficiency determines whether the golfers style is working using 3D analysis
- Style shows us how the golfer likes to swing the club using 2D video analysis
- Include the basic 12 swing characteristics seen in the golf swing
- Visit www.mytpi.com for more information on these characteristics
- Remember TPI’s Philosophy of the swing
- “We don’t believe there is one way to swing a club; we believe there are an infinite number of ways to swing a club. But we do believe that there is one efficient way for each individual to swing a club and is based on what their body can physically do.”
- Adam Scott and Jim Furyk have two totally different styles, but their efficiency is the same on 3D analysis
- Shot making skills evaluation
- Course management evaluation
- Equipment evaluation
- Mental evaluation
- Physical conditioning evaluation
- The TPI physical screen consists of 16 tests
- All of which have been studied extensively by TPI
- Have been determined to be the best tests for evaluation of a golfer’s physical ability to swing a golf club properly.
- Interpretation of gathered data
- Prioritizing the gathered data
- Development of a treatment plan
- Report of findings
- Prescription of what the professional has determined the golfer can do to better their game
Many professionals believe it takes too much time to evaluate all of these parts on every golfer, however
IF YOU DO NOT TEST, IT IS JUST A GUESS!
In number 2, efficiency was discussed. TPI has discovered that a breakdown in efficiency is caused by:
- Poor Mechanics- determined by video analysis
- Poor Conditioning- determined by the TPI physical screen
- Poor equipment- determined by club fitting professionals
Luckily, a TPI certified professional is trained to detect these 3 breakdowns!
If you are intrigued, and want to find out more or be assessed, use the Contact Me menu at the top of the page or at the side of page to contact me and I will answer questions or schedule an assessment with you!