From Graston Technique
Graston Technique® is an innovative, patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
Originally developed by athletes, Graston Technique® is an interdisciplinary treatment used by more than 20,000 clinicians worldwide — including physical and occupational therapists, hand therapists, chiropractors, and athletic trainers.
GT is utilized at some 2,200 outpatient facilities and 58 industrial sites, by more than 325 professional and amateur sports organizations, and is part of the curriculum at 59 respected colleges and universities.
Some of the conditions treated:
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome (wrist pain)
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Rotator cuff tendinosis (shoulder pain)
- Achilles tendinosis (ankle pain)
- Scar tissue
- Shin splints
- Lumbar sprain/strain (low back pain)
- plantar fascitis (foot pain)
- patellofemoral disorders (knee pain)
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent